Rate this article
based on 17 reviews
We are company formation agents based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. If you are interested in registering a firm in the Netherlands and start doing business in this country, please contact us right away for prices, conditions and paperwork. We offer you the possibility to be assisted by our representatives who will help you start your business as soon as possible.
What kind of firms can you open in the Netherlands?
1) The Dutch BV (limited liability company). This kind of company can be registered if you have a minimum share capital of 1 EUR, according to the Company Law recently changed. There are a series of requirements related to Board of Directors and local company headquarters, both being required for what the local regulations describes as “substance”, but our company INCO BUSINESS GROUP is able to provide all required services.
If investors opening a Dutch BV need to set this up as a Dutch Holding Company, they will need the assistance provided by a local trust company or corporate secretary services. They can get these services through CompanyFormationNetherlands.com (INCO BUSINESS).
2) The General Partnership. This kind of business is for companies with two or more partners united under the same name and having the same economic objectives, with unlimited liability on the firm’s debts. They share the profits among them and they don’t have to present a minimum share capital, like for Dutch BV. The personal assets of each general member of the partnership can be taken by the creditors if there are debts that can’t be covered by the company funds.
3) Dutch Limited Partnership. To register another form of partnership, the Dutch Limited Partnership, are necessary at least two partners - one general who has unlimited liabilities and takes the management decisions - and silent one who must deliver a capital to the firm and has his liability limited to his contribution.
4) Professional Partnership is formed by two partners, at least, who are responsible for their claims. This kind of business is preferred for practicing a profession and not for business.
5) Public Liability Company. This form of business is proper for large investments and it needs a share capital of 45,000 EUR. The general meeting of shareholders is in charge for management decisions. The board of managers will be responsible for daily decisions.
Branches/Subsidiaries of foreign companies. The representatives of foreign firms who want to open a branch or subsidiary in Netherlands have to deliver the newly formed entity’s capital (in case of the Dutch Subsidiary) and hold liability for the newly formed company's activities (in case of a Dutch branch).
What is the procedure of incorporating in Netherlands?
If you decide to form a company in Netherlands, you have to draw up the articles of association and specimen signatures, fill in special forms and present copies of identity documents of the shareholders and directors who will manage the firm. The Dutch company setup procedures require a public notary for signing and analyzing the acts. The businessmen should go to a registered office in the Netherlands and set up a bank account. Another step is hiring an accountant, after the company is registered.
We can offer you accounting services also in other European countries through our affiliates, such as Dubai, Slovenia, Italy, Austria, Russia etc.
We invite you to watch a video about company formation in the Netherlands:
The steps for registering a company in Netherlands
Providing all necessary information to our company for the incorporation. In the case of a Dutch BV for instance (the most popular type of company in Holland) you will have to supply:
Full information on shareholders and directors of the future Dutch company
Passport copies of shareholders (if natural persons), directors, and UBO's (Ultimate Beneficial Owners) if applicable
Apostilled Company Trade Register Extracts (Statutes issued by the Companies House) if the shareholders are other foreign companies
Required Social Capital (minimum is 1 EUR)
Visit a Dutch Public Notary to sign company incorporation documents or sign the documents abroad and send them in original to our company's address in Amsterdam. In the latter case these documents will be supplied by our office and will have to be properly legalized. Nevertheless in this case your visit in Holland will not be necessary.
Our company will file for incorporation with the Dutch Trade Registry.
Before incorporating your company, the name of the new Dutch firm has to be checked at the Chamber of Commerce to see if it is acceptable in accordance to the Dutch Law. Then, the name can be reserved and the investor will receive a certificate for that name. After that, he must open a bank account and deposit the minimum capital share. Next step is the notarization of the company’s deed of incorporation, signed and drafted by a notary.
The documents of the new firm will be submitted to the Chamber of Commerce which will provide a registration number in just a few hours, if the acts are delivered in person. This procedure may last a week if the documents are sent by post. The announcement of incorporation is made in the Netherlands Official Gazette (Staatscourant) and the process will be performed by the Chamber.
A tax number must be obtained, so the investors must submit a registration form at the local tax authorities. A separate registration form for income tax must be delivered. The necessary forms are obtained at the local tax authorities or on official websites and must contain the company's and member's information.
After you registered the firm in the Netherlands, the owner should hire an accountant for assistance with the taxes, audit and financial consultancy.
If you need the services of a lawyer in the Netherlands, we can recommend you local attorneys who will provide you legal assistance during your business activities. We can connect you with lawyers all around Europe, if you want to set up a company in other countries. Furthermore, in case you will like to start a hedge fund in the Netherlands or in other country we invite you to check out FundWorld, your guide on how to start a fund anywhere in the world.
Economy overview in Netherlands
Foreign investors choose to register a company in Netherlands due to the country’s stable industry and economy. The main industrial activity in the Netherlands is the food industry. Millions of foreign traders came to open a company in the Netherlands during the last decades, contributing to the economic growth of the country.
Almost one third of the foreign investors decided to set up a company in the Netherlands in the private sector, mainly the manufacturing sector. However, electrical machinery industry, as well as engineering products, chemicals, petroleum and construction are highly developed too. Nevertheless, the Netherlands is quite attractive for company formation due to its favorable relations with countries all over the world, especially Germany, Belgium, France and UK.
Why work with us?
Dennis Vermeulen, the manager of INCO Business Group and a specialist in Dutch company formation, will help you incorporate a company in the Netherlands as soon as possible.
Call us now at +31-765870401 to set up an appointment with our specialists in company formation from Breda, Amsterdam or Rotterdam.
I have had a very good collaboration with the specialists in company registration from CompanyFormationNetherlands.com. They answered to my requests rapidly and they managed to open a company in just a few days after I had sent all the required documents for my clients.